Friday, June 7, 2013

Jane's Super Green Smoothie

A little while ago I was in whole foods and treated myself to their delicious green smoothie. When I say treat I mean it! $6 for 16oz? Oye! It makes me feel guilty for the rest of the day dropping that kind of cash! So instead I set about recreating it at home. I even added chocolate because, well, its chocolate need I say more? I hope you enjoy it! Super easy, much cheaper than a whole foods smoothie, and quick (I did it all in my easy to clean Ninja blender). 


Jane's Super Green Smoothie
1 sliced, frozen banana
2-3 dates, pitted 
1 cup of Kale
1 cup of Almond Milk
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
(optional: 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen berries/peaches/nectarines)

Makes 8oz. 
Add all the above ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth (make sure the dates are well incorporated or you'll get big chunks). Pour into glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment